May 19, 2014, marked the launch of MMBC’s program, the first-ever fully industry financed and managed Extended Producer Responsibility (EPR) program for packaging and printed paper in North America.
In 2014, MMBC achieved the following:
- 116,457 tonnes of collected material
- 80.1% recovery rate
- 27.5 kg recovered per capita
- 96% of households with access to depot services
- 1,240,000 households serviced by curbside or
- 20 communities receiving curbside recycling services
for the first time
We are very excited to share some of our achievements
with you and hope that you enjoy the report.